Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Four Years!

At 12:36am four years ago today, I recieved a text reading, "I was going to wait until morning, but I don't want to. Will you go out with me?" from a SUPER nerdy boy that had only recently started talking to me (four days previous, to be exact. He has successfully remained elusive even through the many attempts I had made over the seven years prior to get him to say something more than one syllable grunts that I had become accustomed to. I didn't realize at the time how much that text would change my life.

As it turns out quiet and observant are areas that I struggle with, areas that I've needed some help with. Accountability, discipline, contentedness, confidence, and patience too. Fortunately, my nerdy boy has helped me grow in each of these areas, either by being proficient in the area or by desperately struggling toward it with me. He encourages me, he comforts me, he loves me. He's the only person that can completely calm me down when I get too wound up or upset, and it's only with a listening ear, a hug, and a kiss.

He is a gift, a blessing. I know there's no way that I could have deserved to be paired with a man as incredible and patient as Grady but I am more than grateful that God has put a love for me in his heart and lets me love him in return. My life is nothing like I would have imagined at this point and I am so glad for that!

No comments: