Sunday, October 28, 2007

Frazzled, Frustrated, and Worried

Last week was a whirlwind of disarray.
There was some stress within the apartment- no real problems, just some tension. Fortunately, that all went away in its own time...
I had some tests, quizzes, and assignments due, but of course, that all took care of itself as the week rolled on.
Mostly of all, last week was consumed with fear. Friday, October 19, a lovely pimple like mass appeared on my left leg, and given my affinity for popping, I made it "disappear" in the only way I understand. Normal-Patricia-fashion... Turns out that wasn't such a good idea. I didn't take much notice of it over the weekend, but I did discover that the mass had done all but disappeared come Monday. Tuesday, I was slightly concerned; it had become larger- no longer was it dime sized, but more like a nickel. Wednesday I could take no more- the mass was swollen to the size of a quarter and appeared abnormal.
So I took a walk-in appointment that afternoon, got some quality reading in while I waited the two to three hours, and then had the spot looked at. Dr. Rice decided it looked most like a spider bite (as I had suspected) or perhaps a staph infection. The latter thoroughly freaked me out, given the fact that there is an antibacterial resistant strain floating around taking a death toll in the 10's of thousands, especially on high school and college campuses... I was prescribed some sweet antibiotics and instructed to drain it a few times a day until nothing more came out of it. I managed to get all of the excess ewwy out of it the first time around, and started the drugs...
The remainder of the week was a nerve wreaking experience, just waiting to see if it would get better. And I got my proof today- it is officially back to a dime size and much lighter than it's ever been!

Deuces frazzle, frustration, and worry.

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

yur gross...

(haha just kidding!) hope this next week is better for you! less than 2 months till we get to play! :o)