Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Have You Ever Considered...

How when you turn the water down from hot to not as much, it's still getting warmer?


I wish thoughts like that could get me an A in my ridiculous philosophy class...
And I wish there was a way that I could boost my GPA just by leisure reading--I have read 15 books since last summer and just started another:

The Only Boy for Me, Gil McNeil
Confessions of An Ugly Stepsister, Gregory Maguire
Wicked, Gregory Maguire
The Glass Castle: A Memoir, Jeannette Walls
The Red Tent, Anita Diamant
Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sidaris
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
Captivating, John Eldredge
Unveiled: Tamar, Francine Rivers
Keeping The Moon, Sarah Dessen
Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
Shopaholic and Sister, Sophie Kinsella
Twilight, Stephenie Meyer
New Moon, Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse, Stephenie Meyer

All of which I have enjoyed. Some are more trivial and insignificant than others, but all are very well written and entertaining at the very least.

I am most in love with the Twilight Saga currently. It took me two and a half weeks to finish both Twilight and New Moon. Someday, you'll see their girth and understand what a feat that is, especially for the exceptionally slow reader such as myself.

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

celia is reading a book called "sex, drugs, & cocoa puffs"

it looked pretty entertaining and i know you like reading so you should check it out!