Thursday, November 13, 2008

Playing the DART Slots!

Upon arriving at the DART train station yesterday morning, I found out that I was short of one-dollar bills, and would either have to "steal" a ride or break a 20... While they NEVER check tickets, I know that the one day I try to get away with a free ride will be the day they check (and that whole convictions thing- I'm pretty anti-thievery), so the 20-dollar bill was really my only option... So I put in the bill up top and shortly there after, down at the bottom, along with my ticket, came falling $17 in Susan B. Anthony's, Sacajawea's, and quarters... People all around were staring at me, so I yelled "Jackpot!"

Just kidding; I didn't really. But in retrospect, I wish I had :)


While that was kind of a fun feeling, the novelty wears off when you remember that it's just $17 that you already had and now take up far more space than the dollar bill ever could have...


In other news, I just started Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the train ride home today!

1 comment:

The Cain family said...

Have you ever heard the Mitch Hedberg joke about filling cargo pants with change and when a bum asks you for some money you yell "jackpot" and start chunking change at him. You should look that one up, I'm sure it's on YouTube! I wish you had yelled jackpot!