Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Some Randomness of the Current Times

While everyone is taking their spring break to refresh for the close of their semester, I am starting to hunker down into a study hibernation. As of next Friday (March 27), I am completely finished with the Winter 2009 quarter, my second of seven quarters (maybe eight, depending on whether or not I "double major").

Saturday, I volunteered to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to gain extra credit points working the Best Teen Chef competition. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a work-event, as in they had to pay me! In addition to an entire days worth of class points, I got $7.50 an hour! I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things, but all in all when you walk in expecting to gain $0.00 and you walk out with $60.00, life is good! It was a fun event to work too! AI and Food Network team up to give high schoolers the opportunity to compete to prove that they deserve a full ride scholarship to culinary school! It was a pretty interesting day and I'm more than glad that I got my butt out of bed on one of my few days to sleep past 5am.

Tripp and I have been together for 1005 days, and I just think it's kinda fun to be out of the triple digits! We went on a date last Wednesday (day 999) to celebrate- Pei Wei for dinner and Barnes and Noble for entertainment! I love my little book dork!

I get to go to Arizona in eleven days and I couldn't be more excited! I've missed my seester and brother-in-law, and I especially can't wait to eat my nephew's cute little cheeks!

I've been a slacker and haven't been running for the past few weeks, but I picked it up again yesterday and I positively love it! It completely slays me, but it feels soooo good! I ran 5- 3 minutes yesterday and 3- 5 minutes today and feel great for kicking both of their butts while they kicked mine!

I really need to go read my American Regional Cuisine book for my written final that I'm taking tomorrow...

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

i heart interval runs. get excited for the times when you'll be running 2*14s or 4*8s. Those are my favorites.