Saturday, March 7, 2009

That Silly Beeping Noise!

While doing writing my recipe cards for next week, I am keeping my self entertained by watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. [SIDE NOTE: ABC Family has the best movie marathons! I was wanting to have an HP marathon soon, this saves me the efforts and costs of renting them all!] Recall the scene where Harry is the only one awake amongst the Dursleys, wishing himself a happy eleventh birthday; as midnight rolls around, someone's watch beeps.

Although I've seen this moving a number of times, I somehow ended up feeling like an idiot this time around- at the moment the beeping started, I looked up from my cards, scanned the room and called, "Timer!"

I guess I hadn't realized how deeply rooted some of these new practices from the kitchen had already become! Fortunately no one was around to respond to my warning. :)

No comments: