Sunday, August 2, 2009

Life Looks Good

I have the best family ever, and that does include the Prices that have so lovingly taken me on as a daughter. It's been a challenging week, to say the least.

For those who don't know, I accidentally rode my bicycle into a park bench last Thursday (July 23) while out with Grady's parents, Ed and Sharon. I sprained my left shoulder (dominant hand, mind you) and needed stitches in my right pointer finger. I earnestly thank God for how lucky I was to not have smashed my head in or broken anything, not to mention for the care administered by Ed and Sharon.

I find it quite endearing actually- Sharon hopped on her bike and took off as fast as possible to get the truck to pick us up while Ed stayed with me, holding my finger together, telling me stories, and helping me calm down. Then the roles swapped- Ed rode his bike home, and Sharon drove me back to the house keeping me comfortable and happy, transferring me over to the car. Even after the trip to the hospital, their care was constant, getting me ice packs, finding me bandages, a sling, and neosporin. They even insisted on transporting me and my car over to my house-sitting job for the weekend. They are amazing people.

Then there's my parents and boyfriend (the latter driving up on his day off to take care of me) who all helped type my homework while I dictated my journals, vocabulary, recipe cards, and other task lists to them. There were even times where something else required my attention, and they would take turns reading and typing in my absence! Mom and Dad have waited on me hand and foot even though I haven't really required that much attention. And Grady probably takes on the most of it, even though he's only been physically with me for a day and a half of this week. I try to be strong and okay with everyone else, but he's had to put up with all of my crying, whining, and moaning. He even took my calls in the middle of the night a couple of times because I hurt too badly to sleep! He's the very best!

Class was entertaining. I was pretty useless... I was great for entertainment and photocopying. Oh and mixing dough starters by hand (literally (gloved, I promise)).

I am starting to feel better, especially with a good nights sleep which at this point is pretty much only on the Price's couch. It is the softest, squishiest, most comfortable couch in the world and I want it to be mine! It also helps that I've always slept on my back on this couch, whereas I'm a belly sleeper everywhere else. I'm thinking about moving back in for a few more days so I can actually sleep and maybe recover faster!




Completely separate from this saga, besides the fact that his name was mentioned, Grady has a panel interview on Tuesday morning for the City of Allen Police Department and a psych/polygraph test on Wednesday, all of which will determine his hiring status with them as a dispatcher. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that he'll do well and get the job? Thanks :)

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

oh man, are you sure you're not my kid??? hugs to you, hope you are feeling better. & prayers for Grady too, keep us posted