Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Random Thoughts on Present Blessings

The Lord has been at work in me regarding specifically obedience, discipline, patience, and trust for a few months now (years actually, but he's had victories in the past few months).  It's been an incredible journey!  I wanted to share a few tidbits of it with you.

As I worked out this evening, the Holy Spirit reminded me that my health journey over the last 10 months (nearly) has taught me really great things.  Quick shout out to my girl, Janelle--thank you for our text conversation tonight.  God absolutely used that for these ends:


  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  And that can mean physical strengthening.  Frequently, I think of that meaning only spiritual, mental, or emotional strengthening; however, I've found the physical application in that I can push myself significantly further than I would have imagined because God made me capable. (Thank you to Becca and Megan for guiding me to that revelation).


  • I CAN give up sweets and the ever beloved bread/pasta/pastries and be PERFECTLY happy, content, and fulfilled. (Glo- you know you're the biggest catalyst for this one).  No part of me feels deprived, disappointed, or lacking.  When your health and happiness is at such a strain, as mine was even an recently as just last summer, you find you will do what it takes to restore your temple.


  • Now I'm in a place where God is using me to help lead and teach others about health, fitness, food, and so much more.


In case you hadn't gathered by now, I feel amazing and I know that is how God intended for me to live!  What joy!  What a wonderful Redeemer.

No comments: