Saturday, June 28, 2008

2:30am- Early or Late?

Either way, I was still awake, wrapping up a conversation with my Elisha (Flipha, if you will). It was quite a varied discussion, covering a great many topics, but as it came to a close and we said goodnight, the words kept running through my mind. As I crawled into bed, it reminded me that I am really blessed and my life is absolutely wonderful:

My family is so incredible; I am so fortunate to have so many great role models and best friends. I can and do tell y'all anything. I'm discovering more and more that what we have, that whole Brady thing, is really rare. Few family units function like we do... I love it!

Good men are hard to find, yet I have found one that stands by me through thick and thin. I think back to the beginning of our relationship and realize that it's kind of a feat that we've survived... Starting long distance two months into our relationship, maintaining it for two years so far, and determined to do two more? I think we're nuts, but I guess you kind of have to be crazy for long distance?

I have truly stellar friends. We may have any number of differences, but that makes it interesting and fun. This summer so far has given me a great opportunity to get to know Elisha a lot better and I have discovered that she is incredible. Granted I already knew that, I didn't know just how very much. She's so level headed and grounded, a rock. Best yet, we have ridiculously silly times together! She never judges me, just loves me. And while this is the way it's always been with her, I think I just appreciate it more now. It's a lot like having my sisters here...

My life in general is really good. All around.
Praise be to God.

3 comments:

Deb said...

2:30 a.m. is early. When Michelle has her baby you go volunteer to go to Arizona to cover that feeding. :)

It wasn't by chance that you and Elisha became roommates. Keep enjoying every moment the two of you have together.

Unknown said...

I love you darling!! This is so sweet, you are too good to me :)

TRIPP! said...

2:30 is early and I'm going to be as dramatic about it as I want.