Friday, June 20, 2008

I thought it was funny...

Somethings to know as background-
  • I was hanging out at the Price's house yesterday with Ed, Sharon, and both sets of Tripp's grandparents.
  • Ed's laid wood flooring in the den and plans to do the rest of the downstairs... Eventually...
  • Ramona, a family friend, came over to drop something off and stayed for a while:

Ramona: Eddy, when are you going to finish the rest of the flooring?

Patricia: I give him two years.

Ed: C'mon. It'll be done well before that.

Patricia: Good.

Ramona: (to Patricia) Well, you're wedding will be the next big thing around here I suppose.

Patricia: Right, I give him two years.

Ramona: You hear that Sharon? Patricia says she's getting married in two years!

Patricia: Sharon, if that's news to you, then I'm surprised.

Sharon: Nope. Not news.

Ramona: It is to Tripp, right?

Patricia: I guess? Maybe, we'll see...

Ramona: You know they'd still come to your wedding even if it wasn't. They like you.

Patricia: I'd bet they'd hate me if that happened!

Ed: Depends on how bad the break up is...



Good times.
It really was a good day; Tripp's grandparents are amazing! And crazy! But the good kind- not literally insane, like we're used to.

Sharon even called me "the daughter she never had, but always wanted" and it felt good :)

3 comments:

The Cain family said...

wow. sounds like progress

Patricia said...

lots of progress for the last year or so. They're really starting to accept the situation, and more than that, embrace it. Lots to tell someday when you have time for a long chat.

Tracy Jabbal said...

i know! im jealous! you broke through after just 2 years! haha!