Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Can Run?

Yes, yes I can run... For so many years, I was lazy. And then I was dancing and there was this myth about running messing up dancers knees... And after all of that time, I just figured I couldn't do it!

But then Tripp and I started our FBI workout plan and running was kind of required... Fortunately, I have a friend who loves to run, wanted a running buddy, and is super patient! So Megan and I got started on Monday; she taught me the basics- how to use my feet, what to do with my arms, and how to breath. We have a challenging route that takes us from her apartment to the campus- precisely one mile!

Yesterday, after just five days of running, I made it all the way to the corner of Lindsay and Jenkins- the light pole that signifies the completion of that mile! I was/am so excited and proud. I feel so accomplished, the way I used to when I mastered a new dance move or conquered a challenging climb.

I'm back to eating breakfast and trying to be more health conscious with my food choices. My goal this time around is not to become thinner like it always has been before; this time, I just want to know that I'm doing what I can to be healthy. If I lose some inches or become better toned, that would be a pleasant bonus, but I'm not making that the whole objective.

I'm ready for a change.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to go honey! i'm proud of you!