Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The New Gig

It's not official yet, but the interview yesterday went really well at the bakery (Tart as I finally found out it is called)! My hours seem to fit what they're needing, what I was requesting for pay was reasonable, and the lady seemed to like my personality. And when she was talking about different aspects of their business, she used inclusive terms like, "you'll be helping with..." and "we'll need you for..." That's always good, right? We'll see, I guess. I'll be getting a call either today or tomorrow!

I'm really excited; Tart seems like a fun place to work! The Dallas location has been open for something like four years, the Plano location just opened in January. All of the food is made in Dallas and sent over because the Plano location doesn't have a kitchen. God willing, if I get the job, I'll be working behind the counter doing sales and orders. In our down time, we frost cupcakes and glaze cookies. And on weekends, I'll help with events on location! Although, Saturdays will forever be considered a optional thing for my schedule, because Tart understands I'm a student and they want to be able to give me a weekend too! Which might not be terribly necessary granted they're closed on Sundays and Mondays! We'll just have to see about those Saturdays- I'll probably work them anyways, because I'm poor.
Anyways, they also told me that as my education progresses, and I complete the baking unit and the pastries and confectioneries unit, they could find a need for me in the kitchen at the Dallas location! So this job looks like it'll have possibilities for advancing!

It's super convenient that Tart is closed on Sundays because I'm looking into ways to help at church with the youth group! Stacy called me the other day and asked if I'd be willing to help her teach 6th grade girls Sunday school. The answer to that is obvious, no? I love Stacy and I want to help? It was perfect! Now I just want to talk to Tim, find some way to help with choir maybe? Maybe.

2 comments:

The Cain family said...

that's awesome! I will pray you get the job. It sounds promising though! I will call today to get the mom/dad update. Mayeb I can talk to you too :) Much love!

Tracy Jabbal said...

yay! Keep us updated! I want to hear all about it!
P.S. I would be weary of getting too involved with CRumc... we all know that place is a shark tank! :P