Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Official!

I have a job at Tart Bakery! I'll be receiving my schedule by the end of the week and I'll start sometime next week! For the first few weeks, I'll work along side the managers until I feel comfortable and confident on my own. Until then, I'll be studying the menu and learning the pricing; Kristen said that I don't need to worry about precise memorization yet because that will all come along later in time with experience. But it'll be easier on me when I start if I have a decent idea of the dollar range for different items.

I am so ridiculously excited! I need something to do! Since completion of room painting, I've been wickedly bored. Mostly enjoying the novelty of my new bed and phone--either napping or playing... And room reorganization will occupy a substantial part of my time once the new carpet is installed, but that won't be for another couple weeks.

Regardless, I do look forward to working for the sake of working and not just because it gets me out of the house. This bakery seems like it'll be great experience and really good fun! Many long hours on my feet, plenty of smiling and sales, but all exactly what I want to do.

Oh, I can hardly wait!

PS- check out Spiders on Drugs- it's a quality vid :)

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

its looks really super cute! i like the coach bag birthday cake. very plano. hahaha. have fun with it! :O) ♥