Monday, September 22, 2008

I Don't Have a Creative Title Today

But things are going really well all the same! The job is magnificent! I'm learning the pricing slowly, but oh so surely. The customers so far have been pretty patient while I ask Stephanie a million and thirty-four questions, but I have the cash register and credit card machine down and I'm almost comfortable enough to answer the phone without hesitation and wincing! It'll take a while before I can handle taking special event or cake orders on my own. People here are unforgiving; a woman last week claimed that we ruined her daughters first birthday because the color frosting didn't match precisely the pink of the table cloth and napkins. Mind you, she never gave us a color swatch... Other than picky picky Plano and Dallasites, the job is really fun! I'm awesome with the sprinkles and practicing my cupcake frosting in the down time! I love our little brown aprons!

Interesting tid bit for your enjoyment: I figured since I've been working and babysitting but not spending a cent of it, I could justify some new tennis shoes. I've had the same pair since the beginning of high school which are now smelly, falling apart, and squeak when I make any movement in them! So I went to the New Balance store earlier to get the help and advice I needed in my purchasing endeavor and found out that my foot sizing situation is a little more ridiculous than I had realized... I knew from buying pointe shoes years ago that my left foot is larger than my right; in the pointe shoes, it was only a half size difference... Today was the first time I've had my foot measured since 11th grade and it showed that my right foot is a 9-9.5 while my left foot is a 10.5-11... Awesome. I've never seen a sales rep so thoroughly disturbed before! He recommended a size 10 as a happy medium, and it works in that it's not too tight on the left nor too loose on the right. I really want to put them on and go for a run right now, but it's a little too toasty out for that. I'll just have to be patient for a few more hours...

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....