Monday, December 15, 2008

Incase you are in the market...

for a good book, I highly recommend The Shack by William P. Young. The concept of the story (years after the murder of his daughter, a man is lured back to the shack in which the events took place to meet God) seemed a little hokie at first, however it turned out to be a very interesting read.

Apparently, there will be a Price family discussion of said book somewhere between Christmas and New Years; since I will be in the midst of these events, I am apparently expected to be able to intelligently contribute to the conversation. So I set aside Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (no, I have not made it to the Half Blood Prince yet...) starting on Friday evening and spent much of my leisure time this weekend reading The Shack. It's a fast read with conversational language, so it's easily completed in a matter of hours. I wrapped it up this morning while I doctored Will (Grady's little brother) post-wisdom-teeth-extraction.

It makes available an interesting perspective on the relationship we, as humans, "should" aim to maintain with God. It mostly revolved around love, trust, and forgiveness, which are major principles of the way I see and relate to Christ, personally. I'm not saying I'm 100% on the bandwagon with Young, but it was pleasantly provocative and made me consider faith in ways that I had not yet fully considered. Pretty cool.

Check it out

1 comment:

The Cain family said...

Heard that book is 90% truth and 10% heresay. Read with discernment :)