Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Surprise Surgery!

It's different from emergency surgery- nothing is critical but you're as unbeknowst to the fact that it's going to occur as if it was.

I knew I was going to the foot doctor. I knew I had an ingrown toenail (much as I have for the past 8+ years). What I did not know was that the procedure was so simple it could be done during the first appointment!

Dr. Wisdom said that since the issue was so recurring, it would be smartest to remove the entire sliver of toenail that keeps on forming the ingrown issue. So while I stared at the ceiling, she did whatever it was she did that removed part of my toenail down to the root. And yesterday was great- the toe was completely numb all day! Today however, the pain was definitely there and I couldn't manage to get my left foot into any of my shoes... Yay slipper!

Well, kiddies- it's about time to soak my toe...

Happy 900th day, Grady! Sorry you're so sick for it!