Monday, October 26, 2009

Everything Keeps Changing

and that's a very good thing.

Since the last post, the mister has moved out of Waco and into the new apartment! It's really nice and that's pretty much where I am if I'm not at school, work, or church. Grady's gotten through almost all of his training at Allen PD--he's only still working on the police radio because the woman now in charge of training him has a whole arsenal of excuses for not doing so... That aside, the whole job thing is going well for him, which makes us both happy! He's currently working night shift, 10pm-6am, and that's been a little weird but mostly amusing in conversation and meal decisions. When I'm wanting some dinner, Grady is waking up and wanting breakfast; when he leaves work at 6am, all he wants is dinner but IHOP and Denny's aside, there are few/no places serving anything besides breakfast exclusively. Regardless, this schedule works well enough for us because he sleeps while I'm in school or doing homework mostly and our "free time" (as if such a thing exists...) is available to be spent together!

In the same span of time, I have wrapped up a quarter and begun another. Everything from summer quarter turned out nicely with mostly A's and B's-- the only C was from my design class where the teacher refused to take a grade for the month's worth of homework that I had to do late because my dominant arm was in a sling... An issue to take to the dean? Yes. Do I have the time or energy to fight this battle? No. I came out of the quarter with a 3.1 so I'm still pleased. This quarter now is ridiculously insane, but the best challenge I've had in a long time! I am taking 18 credit hours (which translates to 24 in class hours) and working two jobs (Saxbys Coffee Barista and a Baking TA at school). At least the class load is filled with mostly fun classes! I'm taking Supervision and Career Development, Cost Control, Beverage Identification, Advanced Patisseries, and Chocolates, Confectioneries, and Centerpieces. I find it really forces me to stay on top of my homeworking, although I'd like to be ahead of my homeworking. Perhaps that's asking a bit much for now; hopefully this Friday (Oct 30), a randomly gifted day off of work, I will be able to bust out a lot of recipe cards and cost a most of my recipes for Cost Control.

With all of this craziness, you should know that I am the happiest girl in the world. No matter how tough a day has been or how frustrated/stressed I become, I know that there's only a half hour drive at most to get to the most fabulous and wonderful guy who will do practically anything to make me smile again. We finally get to do that couple's stuff that I've been waiting patiently (and some days impatiently) for for the past three years. We can take walks, watch movies or shows, read, work out, eat meals, take time to worship and praise God, play with our puppy! The last two and a half months have been wonderful. Face to face discussions and arguments so beat the over-the-phone ones. We've learned so much more about each other and grown as a couple in really great ways. Even when I'm not happy, I'm happier than I've ever been before.

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

the title of your post made me think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maKVPe677Jc

im so happy that you are so happy! :O)