Monday, February 9, 2009

Neverendingrecipewritting...

My hand feels like it might fall off... Recipe writing is the most dreaded of all homework! For example, this week's list looked like:

Golden Gazpacho, Puff Pastry Straws
Warm White Beans, Mesclun Salad & Mango Chutney
Pan-Seared Grouper, Tropical Fruit Salsa
Corn Custard
Rice & Peas
Fried Plantain Chips
Key Lime Pie

Seven menu items, seven cards, right?
No, try ten... I should know this by now, but those longer titles have a 50-50 chance at being a separate recipe.

Okay, so, I realize that three cards more than anticipated doesn't sound like much but golly gee, my hand and wrist are still throbbing!

PLUS this week is an exception since we have a midterm on Wednesday. So take fourteen cards and make it twenty! All of them are due on Tuesday because Chef Knifong prefers to not have to worry about grades on Wednesday besides participation and performance and all of them must be hand written.

That said, I think that I'm going to enjoy the Floribbean studies this week; I most look forward to the Fried Plantain Chips! And maybe I'll find out why the Rice & Peas recipe calls for kidney beans and no peas whatsoever.

3 comments:

Tracy Jabbal said...

cute layout! it suits you!

and you should try "hoppin johns"- rice & black beans... nothing hoppin and no johns, but it is what it is i suppose.

Unknown said...

Whew! Sounds like you've got a lot on your "plate"! Haha....get it? :)

Tracy Jabbal said...

um YES i vote YES on the patti cakes! SO cute! but you should still go by trish... haha!