Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Listening to- Eisley: Combinations, Adele: 19

It's been a most excellent week for me! Monday was it's normal monotony, but the rest of the week has been rather enjoyable!

Tuesday- I had my first golf lesson from my sweet hubs-to-be! I will confess that I thought it was a particularly ridiculous "sport" before then, but I am absolutely hooked! It's exactly the arm and ab workout I've been seeking for some time!

Wednesday- We had no customers whatsoever in the gallery, which I know I should consider a bad thing, but I was kind of nice to get to just hang out and do nothing when I'm normally pretty busy! Afterwards, I tried to rescue a dog but it said no...

Thursday- snow day! Grady was off work and we got to chill and cuddle all afternoon and evening! He was subjected to an evening of Gilmore Girls, but we did get quite a bit of My Name is Earl in there first :) We tried again to save the dog, twice. I was straight up rejected once again, then the dog had been caught the second time around. Thank goodness someone was able to successfully get the poor yellow lab out of the snow!

Friday- should have been a snow day, but it was AiD's presidents day... Either way, I got almost the entire apartment clean! I still need to do some clothing-putting-away (my least enjoyable task...) and a bit of vacuuming and then the entire place will be spotless!

Today has been a most eventful day so far: we went and bought Bo and Geri, our African dwarf frogs, a new tank so we can better care for them. Of course moving live animals from one home environment to another always seems to be shenanigans when I'm involved. Bo found his way into our sink and then the drain and we thought Geri had been crushed by the shifting gravel... You'll all be glad to hear that I successfully fit my hand into the drain, rapidly got over how surprisingly ticklish I find frogs in my palm to be, and transported Bo into his new home. Geri was just being a punk and they are both happily swimming around in the clean water!

And now I'm caramelizing a crap ton of onions (four large ones) for some French Onion Soup! I am absurdly excited get to use my French Onion Soup bowls for the first time ever! And we discovered a new favorite wine: the recipe calls for a red wine and being "adventurous" with our selection, we went with the 3 Blind Moose Cabernet Sauvignon. Don't ask why; we wouldn't be able to say. I know, I know- label loving is frowned upon, but I find our random selections are our winners more often than not. Anyways, after a sampling of, I have concluded that it is delicious. That's saying a lot coming from me- a white wine wussy who can only handle reds when paired well! It's really smooth with notes of cherry and just a hint of smokey-oakiness. I love it!

Once I get my happily caramelized and drunken onions over to the crock-pot (don't judge me) to hang out in beef broth and herbs for the remainder of the day, I think I'm going finish the aforementioned chores, maybe rearrange the living room and then spend what's left of the day to embark in a a pamper-me afternoon of bathing, lounging, and reading, glass of wine in hand!

I would highly recommend you all do the same. :)

No comments: