Saturday, February 6, 2010

Well, Hello February!

Listening to- A Fine Frenzy: One Cell in the Sea, Priscilla Ahn: A Good Day, and the washing machine a room away
Watching- Iron Chef America, practically muted
Working on- wedding stuffs and gifts
Current Countdowns-
48 days to graduation
231 days to our wedding!
72 work hours to externship completion (at 18-19 hours a week, that should be just under 4 more weeks)

As of today, Grady and I have nailed down a date (September 25, 2010), a ceremony location (the sanctuary of Custer Road UMC), and now our reception site (The Tribute Golf Club). Colors, flowers, cake baker, dj, and favors all pretty solidly selected.

This frees up our Tuesday afternoons for new activities: I have a agreed to learn to golf and Grady is pretty ridiculously excited to teach me! I'm sure hilarity is what we have to look forward to.



*Ammendment 1 (February 7, 2010):
(Listening to-Eisley: Combinations. Watching- Ace of Cakes marathon [don't judge me- they have an interesting creativity even if they don't really make cakes]. Working on- honeymoon location picks to give to the Prices.)

It seems that the wedding plans are coming together in ways better than I could have imagined, all in this weekend! We have a couple of friends from church that are wanting to offer their help and services to make my life easier which is more than welcome!

First: A friend has offered an amazing photography package with more services included and a much better cost than I have found with absolutely anyone else around!

Second: A botanist friend has offered to grow our sunflowers for us to ensure the type, quantity, and quality that we are expecting for our wedding! That cuts out the cost of a florist while eliminating the anxiety of hoping a grocery store will have what we need available on September 25.

Third: While in the church's wedding meeting, I got to hang with a friend (whom I have desperately missed) and her family. Her mother offered to throw me a wedding shower! So sweet!

My most sincere apologies if you don't care about the wedding details, because this looks like its rapidly morphing into a wedding blog! I like this venue better than annoying everyone with constant wedding updates on Facebook. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that it morphed into a wedding post, don't apologize girl. It's part of your life :) I wish we were there to throw you a wedding shower :( I hope your friend will do a great job, which i'm sure she will. missing you.

Patricia said...

Elisha, you are so sweet! I miss you so very much; I cannot wait to graduate and come visit y'all again!