Sunday, February 28, 2010

On the Health Front

After an evening in the emergency room last night, we found that I have lymphadenitis--my lymph nodes are aggitated and inflamed with a bacterial infection, source unknown. It's not anything that was passed to me or that I could have passed on to anyone else.

It's similar to the type of "infection" I dealt with in high school with the costochondritis shenanigans. I need to eat bland foods and take a whole slew of medications for about a week and a half. Okay, only three meds, but that's far more than I'm used to these days!

Today, the hospital called because they had routinely gone over my CT scan results and found that I have disk protrusions in my back between L4-L5 and L5-S1, with moderate central stenosis (a lack of elasticity and range of motion) in the L4-L5 region. In other words, my lower back is all out of whack and I need to make more appointments that I still don't have time for.

So if we were to wrap this up and summarize, these are my main points:
1) God answers prayers-he gave me a clear diagnosis and it was a relatively minor, albeit uncomfortable, problem.
2) I just need to eat sad sad meals for the next little bit and suck it up to get through graduation in 26 days!
3) When you have random pain, don't be ashamed of going to the er because they get their tests back WAY quicker than the doctor (who will be calling tomorrow with information on the test they ran on Friday)

Thanks for all of your prayers and concern! God is good, all the time!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

glad you got answers & are on the road to recovery! I have been praying. Did not know you had costochondritis, Ally suffered from that last year too. You two should have been sisters. Love ya!