Sunday, February 21, 2010

Platinum What?

I periodically watch a variety of incredibly stupid wedding shows- it started as excitement that I got to join the ranks of women searching for the best florist and photographer, see what kind of ideas other women have had, whatever. Now it's mostly just for a cheap laugh! Weddings have gone to a pretty ridiculous realm of unrealistic imagination and quite frankly a stupid competition for attention.

September 25, 2010 is exclusively about the Grady and I joining in marriage, blessed by God and witnessed by family and friends. That's all that matters to me. Some one else could plan my entire wedding and I could know nothing about my wedding and that would be fine! Because the only element of my wedding that really and earnestly matters is that Grady is there with me to become my husband.

Sure, there are things that we like and want, but watching Platinum Weddings right now is just making me giggle about how seriously people take some of the silliest things! These big trees with crystals and candles hanging as table center pieces, thousands of roses, cakes with different flavors in each tier, absurd favors for guests to take home...

If nothing else about my reception is particularly memorable, I hope that people walk away feeling that they got to celebrate our love. I could care less about the rest. I love Grady.

2 comments:

Tracy Jabbal said...

i've never seen platinum weddings but bridezilla always gets me. glad you guys are keeping it simple and, more importantly, keeping it focused on what is really important: you two! :) i can't wait!

The Cain family said...

Too many people planning for the wedding and not the marriage. . .wedding last a day. . .marriage last a lifetime (should, at least).