Friday, December 7, 2007

Tis the Season...

And I feel like something in the universe has been altered. At this time last year, could have said the same statement, but I would have been referring to the difference between "the-good-old-days" and what was the present time. However, this year I say that as an observation of the good that has been newly reintroduced in my world. Lately, it has seemed to me that a lot of people are much nicer than I remembered from complete strangers previously. Last week, I was carrying a box into my job and this random guy comes completely out of the way to open the door for me. But that was not the end of that: he opened every door between the initial one and my prep room! Today, I had a number of lovely and polite conversations with strangers while waiting for the shuttle. A young man waited to let me go before him getting off the shuttle. A number of people have been holding doors, smiling, being cordial; I find that so different from what has sadly been the norm.

It's perhaps fair to say that I have great hope for not only today or this season, but for society in general... Maybe that's naive or optimistic, but I'm alright with that.

No comments: